Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mass Effect 2 Gets Even Closer



I've been working on a review of Army of 2: The 40th Day. My hope it to have it posted by tomorrow. With that, I guess you can assume that I have, in fact, played through the game. I'm actually on my second playthrough right now as I do some achievement hunting. Barry and I conquered that beast. I also noticed that Josh picked it up and was playing it with his roommate. Not to give away too much, but everybody enjoyed it.

So, Mass Effect 2 continues to be what is on everybody's mind. The first one was a game that locked all of us down for a while. The story gripped me hard and I came home every night ready to see what happened next. I think the last mission of the game might have been one of the most satisfying and exciting gaming experiences I've ever had.

There is a disturbance in the force. Barry's console has finally given up on him. It will be on it's way to Microsoft in the next day or so. It's highly unlikely that it will be back in time for the release. I can imagine it's causing some honest-to-God distress for the poor guy. If anybody has a 360 to lend, I'm sure he'd pay in "favors". That's as specific as I care to get.

So, I've been gone from this space since Thursday and most of my time since then was wrapped up in Ao2: TFD. However, I did take a little time to download and try out 'Splosion Man. I was very impressed. I found myself laughing a lot at the goofy sound effects and ridiculous animations. You're a man who explodes... and when you kill an enemy they turn into all your standard "grilling-on-the-weekend" fair. It's a clever, fun, hilarious game that is AT LEAST worth a run through the demo. The control scheme is incredibly simple too... pretty much every button makes you explode. It's awesome.

Well, that's about all I've got. Keep an eye out for my full thoughts on Army of 2: The 40th Day very soon. Sorry for the short, and somewhat un-entertaining post. It's late, and it's been quiet around the Axis. Expect better soon.

No comments: