Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mirror's Reflection

Mirror’s Edge is a title that isn’t meant for everyone. Some people get motion sickness. Some think it’s not innovative. Come on, it’s a first person running game. I tried it out but decided not to finish it for reasons I’ll say later on. I’d like to say that I’m a fan of the whole free running/parkour thing. Assassin’s Creed put it out there and a little movie called District B13 was also fun to watch. Mirror’s Edge lets you do some very interesting stunts, borderline quite unbelievable. The controls fit but the game itself is pisspoor.



I thought this would be more of a puzzle game but there are at times at most two ways to get from A to B. At first, it was great just running and climbing around but you’re doing it illegally and therefore, police are involved. They shoot at you but you can take a few shots. The things I really disliked about gameplay is that in some areas, you are forced to fight guards with automatic weapons in order to progress. This can be done but I don’t see why I have to. Despite a large environment, the game is really linear. This isn’t what I expected for a running game. If you’ve tried the demo, the prologue level it gives you is a pretty good indication of what the rest of the game is like. I can’t say how it could have been better, I just know how good it is and isn’t. 7/10

No comments: